Satoshi Machiguchi 1000
Satoshi Machiguchi 1000 is the first entry in the "1000 book" series.
The president of MATCH AND COMPANY Satoshi Machiguchi has been surrounded by photography since his early childhood days. For Satoshi Machiguchi 1000, he applied his filter of carefully cultivated knowledge to select 38 outstanding photobooks from the post-war era and use their images to fill the 1024 pages of this book. In the process, he breaks up the many connections these photographs usually hold - with the strength and reputation of their photographer and the photobooks they appeared in - and thereby gives their audiences the opportunity to experience the works from a new angle.
＜LIST OF PHOTOBOOKS＞
- Hiroshi Hamaya: SNOW LAND, The Mainichi Newspapers, 1956
- William Klein: LIFE IS GOOD & GOOD FOR YOU IN NEW YORK: TRANCE WITNESS REVELS, Editions du Seuil, 1956
- Kikuji Kawada: THE MAP, Bijutsu Shuppan-sha, 1965
- Shomei Tomatsu: JAPAN, Shaken, 1967
- Kouji Taki, Yutaka Takanashi, Takuma Nakahira, Takahiko Okada: PROVOKE 1, Provoke-sha, 1968
- Eiko Hosoe: KAMAITACHI, Gendai Shicho-sha, 1969
- Nobuyuki Araki: SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY, Self-published, 1971
- William Eggleston: WILLIAM EGGLESTON'S GUIDE, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1976