A collection of masterpieces by a world-renowned photographer.
More than 200 images, featuring photos from Ueda’s first creative period of family and children photos as well as photos from famous series such as A Piece of Life, Children the Year Round, Fuukei no Koukei, Memories without Sound and more.
＊ First publication to feature a selection of the masterpieces of one of Japan’s most eminent photographers
- A selection of 250 photos, from Ueda’s first works, his family photos and famous series such as A Piece of Life, Children the Year Round, Fuukei no Koukei, Memories without Sound and more
- large format book for easy viewing
- featuring commentary texts and essays by Natsuki Ikezawa, Kiyokazu Washida, Ryuichi Kaneko and Kotaro Iizawa as well as a detailed biographic overview (in Japanese only)
A fantastic photobook selected from all of Ueda’s series!
The life and work of Shoji Ueda, internationally acclaimed as a photographer and deeply rooted in his home San’in in Tottori prefecture, becomes clearly traceable.
Once again, please dive in and experience the awe, the appeal of his works for yourself.
- Kotaro Iizawa (photography critic)
This photobook, based on works published during the artist’s lifetime, comprehensively demonstrates what an impact Ueda’s world has had on Japan’s post-war photography.
With many unfamiliar images among the previously published photos, this collection allows for an entirely new discovery of Shoji Ueda’s works.
- Ryuichi Kaneko (photography historian)
— statement by the publisher (translation by shashasha)